Senior Software Engineer
|Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIN page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com
WHO IS ULTRA MOBILE
Ultra is a company dedicated to creating innovative, authentic mobile communication experiences for people around the globe. We offer communication plans that break down barriers and allow our customers to easily and affordably connect with their communities – no matter where they may be.
As recently announced in Inc. 500 as the #1 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Company, we are hiring! We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Costa Mesa team! At Ultra Mobile, you'll join a company that feels like a start-up, and has the revenue of a larger business. We can offer you a fast-paced and driven working environment with challenging work and great colleagues as well as career development opportunities.
Find out more: http://www.inc.com/profile/ultra-mobile
WHAT WE DO
Ultra Mobile focuses on delivering convenient and cost-effective unlimited talk, text and data services for the estimated 40 million foreign-born people living in the United States who regularly call or text internationally to stay connected with family and friends around the globe. We strive to develop meaningful, mutually rewarding partnerships with our customers, retailers, distributors and co-workers; creating differentiated communication products that better our communities, our families, our businesses and the global communication industry as a whole.
- Flexible Schedule and Casual Dress
- “Better than most” primary care giver benefits
- Wide selection and more choices for Health Care plans
- 401-k Match with wide selection and investment options
- Single self-servicing portal for health care, payroll and deductions
The Senior Software Engineer will be an individual contributor who will take an active role in software design and software delivery.
- Responsible for software design and development of our back end system, currently in PHP but migrating to other technologies.
- Complete understanding of SOA architecture, related patterns, and best practices.
- Advocate of Engineering Best Practices: Unit Testing, Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development
- A software language polyglot - experience with multiple languages and to know when to pick the best tools.
- Ability to be assigned a problem and take ownership with minimal guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the field.
- Strong skills in software pattern and software design.
- Strong skills in understanding SDLC processes and helping extend SDLC.
- Strong skills in PHP, Java, C++, Node.JS, GoLang, Perl, RESTful, and SOAP
- Strong skills in Unit Testing and BDD
- Strong skills in NOSQL and multiple OLTP databases
- Strong skills in messaging middleware
- Experience with Agile and Scrum, and Agile and Scrum related tools
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications