Senior PHP Developer
|Title:||Senior PHP Developer|
We are Ultra!! Ultra thinkers, Ultra movers and Ultra shakers!!
Founded by telecom industry entrepreneurs and activists for fair pricing, Ultra Mobile is changing the way America keeps in touch with the world.
Are you tired of the mundane and looking to be an impact player? You’ve come to the right place. We succeed by encouraging a collaborative environment where all ideas are brought to the table to provide our customers cost effective, cutting edge solutions to connect with the world.
Today we’re looking for a Sr. PHP Developer!!
THE GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION
WHO WE NEED
- Support and extend our in-house PHP based backend API; for new data consumers and business logic.
- You're going to live in the data layer and publish data via JSON/XML/HTML.
- Extend the existing functionality for new data consumers, including mobile apps and internal tools.
- Integrate with many backend services using PHP. Some use JSON, some XML, and some use custom blobs of half-baked syntax.
- Join a small, talented team of designers and backend engineers.
- Process customer signups, understand and implement complex business logic, provide tools and customer touch points with the data they need.
- You are a talented Sr PHP developer.
- You have experience with backend development, and you have some scripting skills (Python, Ruby or Perl) for backend reconciliation and automation/service tasks.
- You are familiar with the very latest in PHP.
- You have some experience as an API designer with external APIs, and you can adapt out internal APIs for various kinds of consumers - web, mobile, etc.
- You have SQL knowledge, you can write queries, and you understand normal forms.
- You know what a WSDL is, every morning you wash yourself with SOAP, you eat and sleep RESTfully, and a carefully maintained API documentation makes you feel fuzzy inside.
- You want to do things the right way, with clean code, and you generally do; but you're pragmatic enough to know that sometimes, kludges are necessary.
- You are an excellent team player – you document your code, you update your API documentation, you can sit and work with your peers to sort out how something should work. You reuse existing patterns rather than re-writing from scratch.
- You get systems - how processes and software fit together to make one large puzzle. Complexity doesn't intimidate you. You don’t blindly follow specs, but ask questions when something doesn’t make sense.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 8+ years of recent PHP experience.
- Sharp with your insight. Humble with your knowledge. Patient with your peers.
- Enthusiasm. Diligence. Indomitability.
- PHP 5.3 Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server (If you know any other RDBMS systems, we'll train you.)
- Atlassian JIRA and Confluence. (we’ll teach you.)
- Git or significant experience with other version control systems
- Perl knowledge a very strong plus, Python helpful, but not required.
- Linux command line familiarity is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English a must
Click to apply or insert link in browswer.
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://ultramobile.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a296ecjyngpb
We are an EOE!
Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Status: Regular Full Time
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications