DescriptionWe are Ultra!! Ultra thinkers, Ultra movers and Ultra shakers!!
Founded by telecom industry entrepreneurs and activists for fair pricing, Ultra Mobile is changing the way America keeps in touch with the world.
Are you tired of the mundane and looking to be an impact player? You’ve come to the right place. We succeed by encouraging a collaborative environment where all ideas are brought to the table to provide our customers cost effective, cutting edge solutions to connect with the world.
Today we’re looking for a Data Analyst!!
THE GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION
This position is part of the Reporting & Analytics team, located in our Costa Mesa, California headquarters, but will also be supporting the Customer Operations, Finance, Technology and Product teams to gather data, generate Ad-Hoc & Recurring reports, provide insightful analysis on how the business is performing and to identify new opportunities to further grow the business.
- Work with business stake holders to determine reporting requirements and translate them into an actionable data extraction and reporting process to generate desired lists, reports and/or analysis
- Utilize SQL to extract data from SQL Server databases and to create data structures that can be accessed/pivoted from within Excel
- Integrate data from multiple sources outside of the SQL Server environment (e.g. flat files) into reporting processes
- Create, modify, and update Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reporting
- Generate Ad-Hoc reports and analysis on Sales, Finance and other metrics
- Perform data mining and research as required
- Assist teams in other departments with SQL related questions
- Monitor data quality by running regular reconciliation processes and identifying data issues
- Create new data dictionaries and update existing ones to align various business interests
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years in a reporting and data analysis position
- 5+ years working with RDMBS systems
- Advanced-level understanding of SQL databases and RDBMS in general; Microsoft SQL Server in particular
- Advanced-level understanding of SQL best practices and advanced SQL topics such as CTEs, PIVOTs, DTS, Data Modeling, and Indexing
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills required, Advanced Microsoft Access & PowerPoint skills preferred
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, provide practical effective solutions while being detailed and process oriented
- A proven track record of collaboration, working with cross-functional teams to establish needs and execute tasks
- A self-starter who can work without continuous supervision and is highly organized
- Wireless Telecommunications experience greatly preferred
- Programming experience and a demonstrated interest in statistical analysis, informatics, analytics, or business intelligence preferred
- Experience with reporting suites such as MS SQL SSRS preferred
Ultra Mobile is an EOE!!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications