Production Support Engineer/Analyst
|Title:||Production Support Engineer/Analyst|
DescriptionUltra Mobile seeks Production Support Engineer/Analyst
Do your pants itch? Is your dog home alone all day with no one to play with? Does your boss feel threatened by your excessive talents and keep you stuffed in a box? Well Ultra Mobile is your solution.
Throw off those pleated pants for a relaxed pair of jeans, kick off those Sunday shoes and throw Fido into the carpool lane with you. You’re hired at Ultra Mobile.
What does this mean? It means you wake up and ask yourself…skinny or bootcut?
Remember all those “threatening” qualities? Bring it. We were all threats once, now we’re a team.
Ultra is international. We are communication. We are awesome. We are recruiting mad geniuses to join our ever-expanding vision to connect the world. At this company: you will be noticed, you will have fun, a lot will be asked of you, and you will love it.
Ultra Mobile is looking for a Production Support Engineer/Analyst with 7+ years of experience to handle our day-to-day production environment. Problem solving is in your blood, and you’re more curious than a cat. Tech support comes to you for answers. You take things apart and put them back together for fun. When it comes to production issues, you are our Sherlock. (Goofy hat and pipe optional.) With your upbeat, can-do attitude, you have a drive to study the code, read documentation and ask questions until you understand --- and you’ll use that knowledge to be the debugging expert on the platform.
Examples of What You’ll Be Doing
- Searching application logs and database records to figure out why a particular behavior occurs
- Attempting to prove/disprove intermittent issues reported by our Operations escalation team
- Being an expert on our API platform operations, guiding debugging and training efforts
- Troubleshoot application issues.
- Triage code-related issues, degradation and outages.
- Prioritize and escalate issues based on customer impact.
- Proactively learn from our lead designer and software engineer
- Coordinate with other business units as necessary
- Web Stack : PHP5, Apache, Perl, MS SQL Server, Redis
- Tools : JIRA, Confluence, Splunk, SOAPUI, Excel
- Windows, Linux, Unix
- Manage Production platforms (Web, API’s, App Dev, Batch Jobs).
- You’ll occasionally be on-call 24/7 to support critical issues.
- Track issues with tools such as JIRA and Quality Center.
- Build a Message Queue.
- Communicate effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a team through technical network escalations.
- Understand high availability, robust systems and scalability principles.
- Debug SOAP and REST Web service logs.
- Learn about our systems by reading our technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot WSDL, XML and API errors.
- Parse, search and slice our logs.
- Write solid, detailed SQL queries.
- 7+ years experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Information Systems (the latter is preferred), or equivalent experience.
- Incredibly strong technical skills, with the ability to collect information from logs and SQL databases with ease.
- A demonstrable history as a fast-learner who can work without close management.
Ultra Mobile is a nationwide mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that develops first-of-its-kind mobile phone services to improve the quality of life for our customers. Our mission is to provide convenient and affordable solutions that connect people with their extended families living around the world, and to help make the American dream more accessible. Founded by telecom industry entrepreneurs and activists for fair pricing, Ultra Mobile is changing the way America keeps in touch with the world.
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://ultramobile.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a296ecji8vbt
We are an EOE!
Location: Costa Mesa, California 92626
Status: Regular Full Time
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications