IT Project Manager-Brooklyn, New York
|Title:||IT Project Manager-Brooklyn, New York|
Brooklyn, New York
Ultra Mobile is a nationwide mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that develops first-of-its-kind mobile phone services to improve the quality of life for our customers. Our mission is to provide convenient and affordable solutions that connect people with their extended families living around the world, and to help make the American dream more accessible.
GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION
The Project Manager is responsible for leading complex software projects and ensuring delivery of high quality software. The role requires close collaboration with other software and I.T. leaders to ensure the completion of project delivery objectives within the established time frames and development framework. This position is ultimately responsible for project planning, day-to-day project oversight, facilitation and escalation of project issues, leadership and support of project staff to meet project milestones, and the accurate documentation and reporting of project status.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES (The first five functions listed are considered the most important.)
· Develops and maintains an expert knowledge of Residual products and services
· Provides expert technical advice and counsel to management that supports Residuals business vision and requirements
· Work in partnership with senior management, product managers, stakeholders and software development teams to assess and prioritize project objectives
· Establishes KPI’s for Residuals business initiatives
· Represents the Residuals profit center in cross-departmental initiatives such as enterprise application integration and standardization of processes and policies
· Act as Scrum Master for multiple agile software development teams
· Ensure that project status is clearly communicated to key stakeholders on a regular basis and using agreed, consistent content and supporting metrics for product steering meetings
· Manage software development projects including project definition, planning, execution, risk management, risk mitigation, issues, work estimates, task breakdown, scheduling, and resource allocation monitoring and controlling
· Motivate staff to overcome barriers and embody a culture to exceed customer expectations.
· Collaborate with fellow project managers to optimize project management practices and processes
· Lead and conduct focused, effective meetings with diversified groups. In agile team environments, plan and facilitate iteration Planning meetings, daily stand-ups, and story grooming meetings
· Conduct formal retrospectives at key project milestones and final project completion, to confirm project acceptance and satisfaction, and to establish lessons learned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelors Degree desired, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years experience in software project management
· 5+ years progressive experience in software development team roles with emphasis on agile methods
· Scrum Master, ITIL, PMP and other relevant certifications are considered beneficial
· Experience working in a compliance environment is highly desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to plan and manage large-scale, long-duration software development projects
· Ability to drive new processes into an organization and be a proponent of Continuous Improvement
· Expert level knowledge of Agile application lifecycle management software (e.g. Rally, Jira/Greenhopper, Mingle, etc.)
· Ability to absorb, understand and communicate written and verbal information and ideas, and to deliver in a concise manner that is easily understood by others.
· Ability to listen to, understand and communicate information and ideas
· Ability to apply critical thinking to identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
We are an EOE!
Check us out at www.ULTRA.me
Please check out the About Us section and see the Executive Team Bios and Newsroom for the ULTRA Mobile journey to date...